Custom Search

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Fort Loudon Fishing Report - 8/6/13

I fished in the Tuesday Night Toad  (TNToad) with my friend Brandon last night and, to be honest with you, it was miserable!  The tournament was from 6-10 pm. The weather was mostly cloudy with some sprinkles and pretty humid. There was a slight wind at the beginning of the tournament and none at the end.  The water we were fishing was pretty consistent at 82 F.
We fished from 2-25 feet deep and used crankbaits, Texas rigged plastics, Carolina rigged plastics, shaky heads, spinnerbaits, and topwaters and only managed 2 bites. We didn't land any fish! None! Nada! Zero!
I just don't understand this lake anymore. It was only a couple years ago when we could go out this time of year in the heat and humidity and catch 15-20 bass in 4 hours.  Now, we can't even get one in the boat.  As a matter of fact, the fish haven't acted like they're supposed to this whole year. Going out for fun fishing hasn't even been very fun this year except catfishing. 
I'm aggravated, frustrated, and have come seriously close to quitting.  But, that's not my style!  I will figure these fish out if it's the last thing I do! Mwahahaha mwahahahah!
On a brighter note, God provided us with a nice evening bringing everyone home safely and good fellowship.
Hope you have better luck than we did!

No comments: